Saturday, September 10, 2011

Changes

This is going to take some getting used to...
Basically, much of my life has changed and as a result, I have to make some modifications to the way my daily life unfolds. For starters, just the acceptance of responsibility is a fairly new aspect of character that I have never fully embraced. Not that I never took responsibility for my actions; I did, but it was never very long term. My mind is one that can develop rationalization for about anything. So eventually, I could write off any action I took as acceptable.
Also, while I immensely enjoy being alone and in my own mind, I have found that, often in those times, I end up thinking about and wanting to be with my close friends. Then I quickly realize that being with friends is a much more difficult task than I would like it to be. College is just not conducive to my social well-being. I don't want to force myself upon my friends, but I also don't want to be alone so much of the time.
And so, a week into school, I am trying to understand and adapt to this new way of thinking and new way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers